We are hiring!
East Riding Theatre, located in the Beverley’s cultural quarter, is a community led theatre committed to producing professional work of the highest quality that excites, challenges, and entertains. Come and Join our team!
East Riding Theatre is looking for an enthusiastic, creative and well-motivated person to join our small team of staff as Theatre Manager. The successful candidate would be a key holder of the building and must therefore be locally based. They would ideally have experience in working in the arts and should possess a keen interest in theatre. The candidate should demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills. Attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure in a public facing environment is essential.
Job Title: Theatre Manager
Start Date: 15th November 2021
Status: 40 hours per week: Permanent
Report to: A named Trustee of ERT’s Board
OVERALL ROLE OBJECTIVE
To manage and deliver all Front of House and back-office operations of the theatre: including administrative staff, PR and Marketing Staff, Box Office operations, cleaning and bar staff, volunteer FOH. This will involve some evening and weekend and Bank holiday working.
SPECIFIC ROLE DUTIES:
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Coordinating all aspects of the work of the Theatre, including Front of House, Box Office, marketing and Health and Safety
- Understanding and using Box Office system
- Customer Service
- Supervising the café Bar
- Supporting Corporate Development
- Drawing up and implementing Policies & Procedures
- FOH procedures, training and rotas
- Membership management
- Collating information from internal departments and external companies for inclusion in a seasonal brochure
- Preparing contracts for approval by departments
- Staff Supervision
- Ability to lead a team of staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and work to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels
- DBS check & safeguarding level 3 desirable but can apply post-interview
- Excellent experience in Excel, Word, IT and Office practice skills
- A demonstrable interest in the arts
- East Riding Theatre is a flexible and collaborative environment where staff, management and volunteers have a willing attitude to all aspects of the organisation
- Take pride in upholding and maintaining ERT’s values and inclusivity
- Ensure complete confidentiality at all times
- Flexible and willing attitude
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Collaborative approach to work and communication with other organisations
(Job specific training will be given tailored to the needs of the individual)
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required within the level and scope of the post.
- Supporting and wherever possible contributing to equality, diversity and inclusion within the organisation.
- Taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions
- Creating risk assessments in line with ERT’s health and safety procedures
- Participating in arrangements for performance review and appraisal of staff
- Ensuring that professional skills are regularly updated through participation in learning and development activities
- Safeguarding, licenses for youth actors, delivery of work experience programme
- Administrative duties relating to ERT’s artistic programme
- Ordering and processing deliveries.
- Financial and operational reporting, annual reviews, staff assessments
- Organising & attending events
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Type: 40 hours per week. Subject to 6-month review
Ideal start date 15th November 2021
Salary Range: £22,000 – £25.000 depending on experience
Hours: Mon-Sun for 40 hours pw, includes some evenings and weekends essential.
Normal place of work: East Riding Theatre, Beverley. East Yorkshire. HU17 9BE
Holidays: 30 days annually, including Bank Holiday entitlement pro rata
After a period of 6 months, you will be eligible to join the organisation’s Stakeholder Pension scheme
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Application deadline: 20/09/2021
ERT is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.